Manager, Software Engineering Jobs | Apply Now
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
- Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, enhancing and implementing applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company’s business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.
- Demonstrates strong financial and resource estimates against high level business requirements including options analysis.
- Demonstrates strong ability to develop and manage to completion RFI, RFP, and SOW engagements.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Documents and effectively conducts knowledge transfer of newly developed technology to the Run team for maintenance and support.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to test and production outages
- This is a “Build / Development Manger” position having product management experience building technical projects
- Must have experience running projects and being a Solution Owner
- IT background required
- Assists management team in analyzing production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Ability to define work processes and lead team members in successful implementation and ongoing execution preferred
- Ability to lead teams comprised of direct, in-direct, third party and shared services resources
- Ability to develop individuals and teams preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred
- Excellent organizational skills preferred
- Agile methodology background preferred
- 3PL / logistics knowledge a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Note: We (flyjobz) are note recruiters, Instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, Once you click on the apply / job title, will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so flyjobz is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.